Friday, October 6, 2017 3:52 PM
Week 8: October 2 - October 6
- Monday, October 2nd
- Complete the one page review sheet and go over.
- Go over the Chapter 4 Study Guide Key.
- Go over the format of the Chapter 4 Test.
- Go over and begin the RandomLines applet program. This program should be completed INDEPENDENTLY. Refer to the following to web pages as needed:
- Begin coding the RandomLines program (11pts). Not Due until Day 3 of this week.
- Chapter 4 Test Format (88pts) and what to review:
- 7 Multiple Choice
- 6 Short Answer - one sentence explanations
- 8 One Line Coding Questions using Math class operations (one is a 2pt bonus) Math Class Methods Lecture
- 3 short Coding Questions where you write an if statement, if-else statement, and an extended-if statement
- 1 Code Tracing Question where you tell the value of a variable after a code segment is over.
- Review Generating Random Numbers web page
- 1 Flow Chart Question. Review the following Flow Chart Keys:
- One coding question where you write a method that calculates a numeric value using one or more Math class methods, where the code in the method contains some kind of branching statement.
- Review anything you need to know about the details of what we have studied in the Chapter 4 Online Lecture.
- Chapter 4 Study Guide Key.
- Chapter 4 Review Quizlet
- Day 2 (Tuesday for E-Period Section and Wednesday for F Period)
- Chapter 4 Test for F Period. (E Period misses this class because of the water line break)
- Begin your homework assignments listed below.
- Continue coding the RandomLines program (11pts). This is an INDEPENDENT programming project.
- Read Chapter 5 Section 1 ... slides 2 - 33 ... about While Loops from the Chapter 5 Online Lecture.
- Run the WhileLoopDemos.java file in your ch05 pacakge folder of JavaPrograms after reading the above slides. The code is from Chapter 5 Section 1 of the online lecture. This program verifies what the code examples do.
- Day 3 (Wednesday for E-Period Section and Thursday for F Period)
- Complete coding the RandomLines program and then send me your file.
- Complete the LetterGradeGenerator program together in class collaboratively (non-graded).
- Go over and begin the WhileLoopMania1 program. This is an INDEPENDENT programming project.
- Continue coding the WhileLoopMania1 program. We will finish it in class tomorrow.
- Friday, October 6th
- Complete coding the WhileLoopMania1 program file and email it to me.
- Hand back and go over Chapter 4 Test.
Back to Top