Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:44 PM
Week 10: October 23 - October 27
- Monday, October 23rd
- Go over the code of the ForLoopMania1 program.
- Discuss Chapter 5 Section 4 about the precision of floating-point calculations from the Chapter 5 Online Lecture. Review the side effect of depending upon exact precision with the ForLoopDemos.java program.
- Observe the output of the last loop of ForLoopDemos.java
- Discuss Chapter 5 Section 5 about the use of other Math class methods: log10, toRadians, sin, cos, and tan from the Chapter 5 Online Lecture.
- Go over and begin the ForLoopMania2 program.This is an INDEPENDENT programming project. Possible ForLoopMania2 Output. (Slide 58 has info on inserting commas in numbers)
- Read Chapter 5 Section 4 about the precision of floating-point calculations from the Chapter 5 Online Lecture.
- Review Chapter 5 Section 5 about the use of other Math class methods: log10, toRadians, sin, cos, and tan from the Chapter 5 Online Lecture.
- Complete coding the ForLoopMania2 program by the first of our next class. Email me your ForLoopMania2 program file when you are done.
- Day 2 (Tuesday for E-Period Section and Thursday for F Period) NO DAY 3 THIS WEEK BECAUSE OF PSAT.
- Go over the code of the ForLoopMania2 program.
- Go over some parts of ForLoopDemos.
- Complete the ForLoopReview program. You may collaborate on this program. Here is the Solution to the ForLoopReview program.
- Read Chapter 5 Section 6 about JOptionPane Input & Output Windows from the Chapter 5 Online Lecture.
- Run the CircleAreaAppletDemo program and study the code.
- Begin coding the RectangleDrawer program. Follow the inline instructions and the approach used in the CircleAreaAppletDemo program. We will finish RectangleDrawer in class on Friday after the quiz. This is a collaborative programming project.
- Review for the Chapter 5 Section 3 For Loop Quiz next class. (66pts) There will be only two coding questions on the quiz:
- write a count-up for loop.
- write a count-down for loop.
- you will need to know how to write a printf statement properly to output formatted integers
- Review the following items for the ForLoop Quiz next class:
- Friday, October 27th
- For Loop Quiz (66pts). (You get all period for the quiz.)
- Complete coding the RectangleDrawer program quietly. Follow the inline instructions and the approach used in the CircleAreaAppletDemo program. After everyone is done with the quiz you can collaborate on this program and work out any issues ... otherwise read the homework assignment.
- Read and Study Chapter 6 Sections 1 - 4 ... Slides 1 - 29 of the Chapter 6 Online Lecture by the first of class Monday
- Section 1 about Review of Logical & Relational Operators and Compound Boolean Expressions.
- Section 2 is about Review of Simple and Compound Boolean Expressions.
- Section 3 is about Truth Tables
Back to Top