Monday, December 4, 2017 12:32 PM
Week 15: November 27 - December 1
- Monday, November 27th
- Go over and begin coding Rocket Phase 3 ... Rocket Program Instructions.
- Complete coding Rocket Phase 3 by the first of our next class.
- Day 2 (Tuesday for E-Period Section and Wednesday for F Period)
- Hands On String Activity. WARNING: YOU COULD BECOME WIRED DOING THIS ACTIVITY OR YOU MIGHT GET STRUNG OUT! ANYWAY WHAT IS A STRING???
- Begin coding together the StringMethodsBasics program. (non-graded)
- Begin completing the String Methods Practice Sheet in class (collaborative).
- Begin coding Rocket Phase 4.
- Complete the String Methods Practice Sheet by the first of our next class. Here is the ASCII Code Table
- Read Chapter 7 Sections 1 - 6 slides 1 - 43 about Strings in the Chapter 7 Online Lecture.
- Continue coding Rocket Phase 4.
- Day 3 (Wednesday for E-Period Section and Thursday for F Period)
- Discuss key slides from Chapter 7 Sections 1 - 6 of the Chapter 7 Online Lecture.
- Go over the answers to the String Methods Practice Sheet and run the solutions program to verify the answers.
- Read Chapter 7 Section 7 ... Slides 45 - 55 about Designing Algorithms Using Strings of the Chapter 7 Online Lecture.
- Review the code of the StringAlgorithmsDemo file from Chapter 7 Section 7 and then run it and test it.
- Begin coding SubstringMania1 program. Read the inline instructions numerous times carefully and make sure you know what you are to do. This is a GRADED INDEPENDENT PROGRAM. Do Monday at the end of class. Note: this program might take you longer to complete than you think. Here is the link to Sample Output of the SubstringMania1 Program.
- Complete coding Rocket Phase 4 by the first of class tomorrow.
- Begin coding the bonus phase of the Rocket program.
- Continue coding the SubstringMania1 program.
- Friday, December 1st
- Go over the Bonus Phase of the Rocket program.
- Continue working on the Rocket program.
- Complete coding all of the Rocket program by the first of class Monday.
Back to Top