Friday, January 5, 2018 10:20 AM
Week 18: January 1 - January 5
- Monday, January 1st - Happy New Year! No School.
- Day 2 (Tuesday for E-Period Section and Wednesday for F Period)
- Everyone Read & Study this Discussion of Formal and Actual Parameters.
- Go over the VariableScopeDemo program and discuss where variables should be declared.
- Complete the Scope Worksheet and go over. (non-graded)
- Complete CodeTracingWorksheet #1 collaboratively and then go over together (non-graded).
- Review the Scope Worksheet Key.
- Complete Code Tracing Worksheet by the first of our next class.
- Complete coding the Car class (model) file by the first of our next class.
- If you are taking the Chapter 7 Test Retake on Day 3, here is easy access to links you may wish to review:
- Day 3 (Wednesday for E-Period Section and Thursday for F Period)
- Go over Code Tracing Worksheet #1.
- Complete CodeTracingWorksheet #2 individually and then go over (non-graded).
- Complete the Model Classes Practice Sheet #1 and go over.
- Get the updated JavaCarRace.java driver file from email.
- Complete coding the Car class (model) file by the first of class Friday.
- Review for the Code Tracing Quiz on Friday.
- Complete Model Classes Practice Sheet #2 by the first of class Friday. (non-graded).
- Review the Key of Model Classes Practice Sheet #1.
- Friday, January 5th
- Code Tracing Quiz.
- Introduction to the JavaCarRace program. Here is Phase 1 of the Java Race Car Version 1 (the 2 car version).
- Go over the Car model class.
- Finish the code of the init() method that constructs the two cars, then run and test the program to see the information for the two cars printed in the console window. Be sure and activate the two toString lines at the bottom of init().
- Go over the diagram that shows all the lane dividers.
- Write the code to call the PaintDragStrip method inside the drawFrame method.
- Write the code for the PaintDragStrip method so that all 6 lanes are painted and the 5 sets of lane dividers. YOU MUST USE NESTED FOR LOOPS TO DRAW THE LANE DIVIDERS!
- Discuss the remainder of the drawFrame method and code it.
- Complete coding the lane dividers of the PaintDragStrip method by the first of class Monday.
- Watch all 21 Rocket projects and vote for the top 3. You don't have to tell me which place your three are in because each will have the same value. The project with the total number of points will be declared first. We will continue voting next week so encourage your friends to watch them and vote. If you can't see the projects on your laptop, then watch them with someone who can.
Back to Top